Albuquerque Family/Domestic Relations Law Attorney

When it’s time to file for divorce or you have been served with divorce papers, you’ll want an attorney with extensive litigation experience. Even if you think that the divorce should be “easy” because you and your spouse agree on everything including division of assets, spousal support, custody and child support, one of you could always change your mind. A change of mind could cause a friendly divorce to become quite contentious.

Practice Areas

D. Zane Swank’s practice areas include contested divorce and stipulated divorce. Divorce brings about other actions including child custody and visitation, spousal and child support, division of assets, child abuse proceedings, parental rights proceedings, domestic violence actions and post-divorce enforcement and modification actions. In addition to divorce cases, the firm offers a wide range of family law matters including:

  • Contested Divorce
  • Stipulated Divorce
  • Child Custody and Visitation
  • Child Support, Spousal Support
  • Parentage/Paternity
  • Parenting Plans
  • Grandparental Visitation
  • Child Abuse/Neglect Proceedings
  • Termination of Parental Rights Defense
  • Domestic Violence/Household Member Abuse
  • High Value Assets in Divorce
  • Post Divorce Modification and Enforcement
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Postnuptial Agreements
  • Settlement Preparation and Finalization and Stipulated Orders

Regardless of the type of family law matter you’re facing, Mr. Swank will ensure that you understand your rights, and will fight to get the resolution you deserve.

Do I Really Need an Attorney?

You may think that it’s easy enough to file the paperwork yourself– but even if both spouses agree on everything, you could end up signing documents that you wish you hadn’t, especially when it comes to visitation and spousal support.

It’s important to have professionally drafted documents to ensure your rights are not violated. People change their minds. In the event that two years down the road, your (ex) spouse decides to withhold the children from you, she or he may be held in contempt of court–  if the original documents are drafted correctly. When drafted properly, they are a valid contract between you and your spouse.

Divorce paperwork is complex; don’t try to go it alone. Turn to an experience attorney to guide you through the intimidating divorce process.

Contact D. Zane Swank

Contact D. Zane Swank to set up a consultation if you plan on filing for divorce, have been served with divorce papers or are facing a different family law matter.

Ratings and Reviews